In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Smithville "a commodious dwelling house", the residence of Mr. Boucher, though Peter Homes is mentioned as the proprietor. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Aquilla Smith, MD, was leasing a property from the Holmes estate valued at £38. In addition Smith was leasing another property, valued at £15, to the Nenagh Poor Law Guardians, for use as an auxiliary workhouse. By the publication of the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s, a more substantial house at the site has become known as Yewston House. The building at the site now is known as The Manor and is in use as a nursing home.