In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Lissava House as the residence of John Egan. He was recorded among the gentry of Caher in Slater's Directory 1846. He also the occupier in the early 1850s when he was leasing it from the Earl of Glengall's estate. The buildings were valued at £12. A house is still extant at the site.