In 1786 Wilson refers to Brookhill as the seat of Mr. Lowe. The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map shows Brookhill house, "in ruins", in Farranshea townland, parish of Peppardstown. An old manor house, also in ruins, is shown as well. The Ordnance Survey Name Books, in 1840, describe the site as "two large houses, one having its eastern end and the other, its eastern side, joining the ruins of the Old Manor House". At the time of Griffiths' Valuation, the townland was in the possession of the Hackett estate and the houses are described as "in ruins". The ruins are not shown on the later 25-inch map of the 1890s.