In 1786 Wilson referred to a house he called "Clover-Hill", three miles from Caher, "the seat of Mr. Ryall". He may have been referring to the townland named Cuckoohill which appears on the 1st edition Ordnance Map. A house is present in this townland which is labelled Cuckoo Hill House on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, this property was leased to Patrick Heffernan by Abraham Riall when it was valued at over £6. A house and farm still occupy the site.