At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Osborne Edwards was leasing this property from the Chatterton estate when it was valued at £16. It is labelled Hop Island on both the 1st and 25-inch edition Ordnance Survey maps. This may be the property referred to by Wilson as Red Island, the seat of Rev. Mr. Saunders, in 1786. A house is still extant at the site.