In 1786, Wilson refers to Greenfield, near Ballincollig, as the seat of Mr. Carleton with another house, the seat of Mr. Wetheral, opposite. Greenfield House is labelled on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but is not shown on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. Greenfield Upper, across the road, is shown on both maps. At the time of Griffith's Valuation this townland was in the possession of Francis Carleton. Greenfield House was valued at £11 while the second house in the townland was valued at almost £10. Neither were occupied. A building is still extant at the Greenfield Upper site though extensive modern housing has been built in the surrounding area.