In 1786 Wilson refers to "O'Barley-Hill" as a seat of Mr. Morris. At the time of the publication of the 1st Ordnance Survey the original Ballynagornagh House is described as "in ruins". However, a house has been restored on the site by the 1890s when it appears on the 25-inch Map. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the townland was still in the possession of the Morris family though much of it was leased to the Donovans. The house was valued at £4 5s. A substantial farm occupies the site now.