Mount Blakeney is south west of the town of Kilmallock and very close to the border between counties Limerick and Cork. No large house is marked in the townlands of Mount Blakeney or Thomastown on the first Ordnance Survey map (Sheet 47) but a castle is marked in the townland of Mount Blakeney on the Discovery map No 73. In 1786 Wilson refers to Mount Blakeney as the seat of Mr. Blakeney. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the townlands were in the possession of Mrs. Blakeney Fitzgerald. [Grid Reference is approximate].