Aughry House built after the publication of the First Edition Ordnance Survey map. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was owned and occupied by Charles T. Ward and was valued at £13. Aughry Castle (in ruins) is visible nearby on the 1st edition map. This may be the property referred to in 1786 by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Nesbit. Elaborate modern entrance gates identify Aughry House which appears to be close to the site of the original.