Major Ledwell was resident at Beakstown in 1837 and the Ordnance Survey Name Books also mention it as his residence in 1840. At the time of Griffith's Valuation one house at Beakstown appears to be in use as an auxiliary poorhouse, held by the Reverend George Peacock from the Court of Chancery and valued at £22+. Another property seems to be labelled Abbey View on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map but as Beakstown Cottage on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. The OS Name Books refer to this house as the residence of Mr. Mullvany, proprietor of Beakstown Flour Mills nearby. The name Beakstown Cottage had previously belonged to another property in Beakstown which is still extant [S087559]. The original Beakstown House does not appear to be extant.