Letterfine was occupied by the representatives of Mary Anne McNamara in the mid 1850s. In 1814 it was the address of Tobias Peyton. Taylor and Skinner and Wilson both record it as a seat of the Reynolds family in the 1780s. It is labelled Letterfine House on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map but is not visible on the later 25-inch edition. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association survey recorded no trace of the house.