In 1848 Ballinamona was held in fee by Thomas Carew when it was valued at £51. In 1814 Leet notes it as the residence of Robert Carew. Lewis refers to it as the seat of T. Carew in 1837. Smith, writing in 1774, describes it as a "well-built house" while Wilson, writing twenty years later refers to it as " a beautiful seat with large demesnes". Brady notes that it was rebuilt following a fire in the late nineteenth century. By 1906 it was owned by Robert Thomas Carew (jun) and valued at £70. It is still extant.