In 1786 Wilson refers to Garry-Kennedy as the seat of Mr. Watson. Lewis refers to the houses of G. Watson and - Kent at Garrykennedy. Two houses are marked in the townland on the first edition Ordnance Survey map Garrykennedy and Shannon ville. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe Garrykennedy as "a good dwelling house, the residence of James Watson". It was bought by William Parker in 1857. By 1906 a mansion house valued at £25+ was located at Garrykennedy. It was occupied by Robert G. Parker. The building known as Garrykennedy House had been expanded and is marked on later maps.