According to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage Aghacashel House was built c. 1800. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Charles Rolleston and was valued at £14. In 1837 Lewis records it as a Johnston residence. In 1814 it was the home of Joseph Johnston. By 1906 it was still valued at £14 and was the property of Thomas Guckian. It is still extant.