Leased by Captain William Clarke from Lord Waterford's estate in 1848 when it was valued at £12. It is named as Crooke Villa on both the First Edition and later 25-inch Ordnance Survey maps. Local sources suggest this house was originally built by the local parish priest, Fr. Hearn, at the end of the eighteenth century. There is still a house at the site.