Leased by Robinson Thomas from the Power estate in 1848, when it was valued at £42. In 1837 Lewis noted it as belonging to the Power family but "now occupied by a tenant". Leet records it as the residence of P. Power in 1814. Writing in 1774, Smith describes Ballynakill as "the agreeable seat of William Dobbyn". Brady notes that it incorporates the fabric of a medieval tower house.
Ballynakill House is still extant and occupied.