In 1786 Wilson refers to Foxhall as the seat of Mr. Anderson. It was the home of a branch of the Rose family in the 19th century following the marriage of Mary Anderson and Richard Rose. Richard A. Rose was resident in 1814 and J. O'Brien in 1837. In 1840 the Orddnance Survey Name Books refer to it as the residence of Dr. Ryordan, " a commodious dwelling house". At the time of Griffith's Valuation W.A. Rose occupied the house valued at £27+ and held in fee. This house is now demolished.