Located on the shore of Lough Derg this house is referred to in the Ordnance Survey Name Books in 1840 as Youghal Cottage. However it appears on both the 2st and 25-inch edition maps as Youghal Lodge. At that time it was owned by William Smithwich but Captain Barton was living there. It was occupied by Scrope Bernard at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from William Smithwick and the house was valued at £19+. A building is still located at this site.