The Youngs appear to have been located in Shallee from at least the mid 18th century. Leet records Mr Francis Young as resident in 1814. In 1840 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation Francis E. Young was the occupant, holding the property from George Cashin [Cashel]. The buildings were valued at £20+. The sale rental of 1868 refers to a lease dated 1853 from Edward Worth Newenham to George Cashel of Shallee House. A house is still extant at Shallee.