Lewis records B. Talbot as resident. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books record that the house derived its name from "a large ash grove, recently cut away". A house valued at £15+ at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was occupied by Reverend Benjamin Talbot and held from Sir John Power. Reverend Benjamin was still resident in the 1870s. Ash Grove is still extant.