This property was held in fee by John Nugent Humble in 1851 when it was valued at £39. Lewis refers to it as the seat of Lady Nugent Humble in 1837 and notes it was "beautifully situated amid thriving plantations". It was "belonging to the Nugents" according to Charles Smith in 1774. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to "Clonkosheron, the seat of the late Mr. Shanahan,but now in ruins" which may refer to an earlier house in the locality. In the 1940s the ITA survey noted Cloncoskraine was in the ownership of Miss Nugent, a descendent of the family. The house is still extant and occupied.