Lane esq was residing at Cloghan Castle in the 1770s. In 1786, however, Wilson refers to Cloghan Castle as the residence of Mr. Lewin. Ruane describes the house as early 18th century with 19th century alterations. It was held in fee by Henry H. Lewin at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £10. it was occupied by General Arthur Lewin in the early 20th century. He was an aviation enthuaist and went to live in Nairobi, Kenya, in the 1930s. Cloghans was sold to the McCartans in the 1940s and is now the home of the Kelly family.