Situated just north of Ballingarry castle Ballingarry House was built circa 1820. Lewis records Marmaduke Thompson as resident at Ballingarry Castle in 1837 as does the Ordnance Survey Name Books in 1841 though they refer to Lord Ashtown as the proprietor. The Thompson interest in Ballingarry and Ballinahinch was for sale in June 1850. Henry Trench was the occupier in the early 1850s holding the property form Lord Ashtown. Ballingarry House is still extant and occupied.