Clermont or Claremount House, Nenagh, was occupied by William Short in 1814 and by Frederick Evans in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as "a good dwelling house, the residence of Mr. J. Evans". It was also occupied by Evans at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house was then valued at £24 and held from the Marquess of Ormond. This house still functions as a residence.