Castle Otway was the seat of the Otway family in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was a mid 18th century house with a tower house attached, altered and renovated in the 19th century. In the mid 19th century the castle, valued at £47.17 shillings, was held by the Honourable Mrs Otway Cave in fee. The sale rental includes a lithograph of the house. Slater refers to it as the seat of William Otway Ruthven in 1894. The representatives of Robert J. Otway occupied this house in 1906. It is now a ruin.