In 1786, Kilboy was described by Wilson as the fine seat of Henry Prittie. Lord Dunalley is recording as resident at Dunally Castle, Nenagh, in 1814. In 1837 Lewis writes that Kilboy, the seat of Lord Dunalley, "was erected about 60 years since". In the mid 19th century it was valued at £76+ and held in fee. This house, which the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage describes as a "detached five-bay single-storey house over basement, built c. 1775" and designed by William Leeson, was destroyed in 1922. A similar house was erected on the site but was demolished in 1955. A smaller house is now located on the site.