Clashmore was held in fee by the Earl of Huntingdon at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £34. The site marked on the 1st-edition Ordnance Survey map is not that recorded on the later 25-inch map. Smith refers to the earlier house as the seat of Mr. Power and Wilson refers to it as the seat of Richard Power in 1786. The Irish Tourist Authority Survey of the 1940s suggest the later house was never fully completed and by then had all but disappeared. Much of the extensive farmyard, however, is still extant and in use.