Leased by Rev. Thomas Thurtle from the O'Dell estate in 1851 when it was valued at £18 10s. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage indicates it was later known as Melrose House. In 1942 the ITA survey noted the property as the Melrose Hotel, formerly Odell Lodge. The survey states that it was built by the Odell family as a summer residence. It is still extant and occupied.