The Lalors were resident at Long Orchard from the mid 18th century. A relative, Edmund Dogherty, was the occupier in 1814. In 1837 Lewis records Richard Lalor Sheil as the proprietor. The Ordnance Survey Name Books in 1840 refer to the house as the residence of the local clergyman, Mr. Thomson. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he held the property from Richard Lalor Shiel when it was valued at £11. The Power Lalor family were still resident at Long Orchard in the early 20th century. Mrs Stella Power Lalor was the occupant in the early 1940s but the grounds and gardens had gone "wild" (Irish Tourist Association Survey).This house is now demolished.