A house built circa 1830s and occupied by J. Trant in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "a handsome residence" in 1840, though it mentions Mr. Ellis as the actual resident. John Trant held the property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £79+. This house was still in the possession of the Trant family at the beginning of the 1940s but by the time of the Irish Tourist Association Survey had been bought by Ballduff Co Operative, Thurles, who had plans to turn it into a model farm. It is now the headquarters of Dovea Genetics, see http://www.dovea.ie/html/history_of_dovea.html.