The Lamphiers were resident at Parkstown from at least the 1770s. In 1786 Wilson refers to Parkes-town as the seat of "Mr. Lanphier". Henry Langley lived at Parkstown in 1814 and John P. Lamphier was resident in 1837 and in the early 1850s. Lamphier held the property from the Court of Chancery and the buildings were valued at £23+. John P. Lanphier was the occupant at the time of sale in 1852. This building is still a fine residence.