Lewis refers to Prior Lodge as the residence and property of the Reverend Dr Prior. The house in Crossoge is named Prior Lodge on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. This house appears to have been replaced by another building, a short distance to the south, known as Crossoge House sometime in the mid 19th century. Occupied and held in fee with 92 acres by the Reverend John Prior at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £25.15 shillings. This house is still in use as a country residence. [This may be the house to which Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to as"Bachelor's Lodge", in this area, which was a seat of Mr. Roe].