Robert Sparrow was leasing this property from the Greene estate in 1850 when it was valued at over £72. It was offered for sale as part of William Greene's estate in July and December 1852. The sale notice includes a lithograph of the castle. It was bought by Alexander Glasgow who sold it on to the Earl of Donoughmore in 1855. Earlier, in 1786, Wilson notes it as the seat of Mr. Greene. In 1837, Lewis refers to it as the seat of Lt. Col. Nuttall Greene. Hussey records Thomas Wright Watson of Kilmanahan Castle in the mid 1870s. In 1906 it was part of th Donoughmore estate and valued at £45. It is still extant.