Described by Lewis in 1837 as an "elegant modern building" situated on the Limerick road. The Ordnance Survey Name Books of 1840 refer to it as "the residence of Lord Stanley, pleasantly situated on rising ground and in good repair". In the early 1850s the house was valued at £50 and held in fee by Lord Stanley. It was later one of the homes of the O'Connor family. The original house no longer exists. Ballykisteen hotel and golfcourse are now located near the site.