In 1786 Wilson refers to the seat of Mr. Alleyn on the left at the entrance to Golden. He may be referring to the early house at this site, shown as Castlepark House on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. By the early nineteenth century it was the home of the Creagh family. Richard Creagh was resident in 1814 and 1837 and Lawrence Creagh held the property from Kingsmill Pennefather at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The buildings were valued at £65. Later bought by the Scullys, when it became known as Mantle Hill. Occupied by Vincent Scully in 1906. The house is no longer extant.