The home of the Crosbie Moore family in the 18th and early 19th century, Wilson refers to Moore's-fort as "the handsome seat of Edward Moore" in 1786. Lewis records Maurice Crosbie Moore as resident in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward C. Moore was still in possession of Mooresfort. However it was advertised for sale in 1852 and sold to Charles Moore of county Antrim, who altered and remodelled the house, reducing it from a 3 storey to a 2 storey house. The house remained in the possession of this family into the 20th century. It is now the main residence on a working farm.