Kilshane Cottage was occupied by Captain Blackmore in 1837 and noted by the Ordnance Survey Name Books as "the residence of Captain Blackmore, in excellent repair" in 1840. It was occupied by Henry Blackmore in the mid 19th century, when the house was valued at £11 and held from Simon Lowe. The Blackmores were related to the Lowes. This building is named Kilshane on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. Buildings in Kilshane valued at £12 were still in the possession of the Lowe family in 1906. This house later became known as Arraghslea and following a townland boundary change was located in the townland of Springhouse.