Cordangan was a Cooke family residence in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by John Cooke in 1814. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as being "in very good repair, the residence of J. Cooke". in the early 1850s it was occupied by Thomas Cooke. The property was held from the Smith Barry estate and the buildings were valued at £26. Slater refers to it as the residence of Horatio Townsend in 1894. In 1906 it was in the possession of Lord Barrymore and valued at £53. It is still extant.