Lewis records Mrs Slattery as resident at Ballyglass in 1837. In 1840 The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as a house "in good repair, the residence of John Burke". It is recorded under both Clonpet and Cordangan parishes. By the mid 19th century it was the home of Thomas Mulcahy. The house was valued at £18.10 shillings and was held from Robert Maxwell. Buildings still exist at this location.