Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||The original house was situated beside the River Robe and was described in September 1836 by Robert Graham as a "nicely laid out cottage residence". Earlier, in 1786, Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Cuff. Mary Louisa Cuffe was leasing the property from Colonel Charles Knox at the time of Griffiths Valuation, when it was valued at £32. A new house was built by Colonel Charles Knox in 1875, which became a tuberculosis sanatorium and a centre for the Agricultural Institute in the 20th century. James Cuff (recorded as Duff), of Creagh, near Ballinrobe, is mentioned as the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Ballynacourty, barony of Dunkellin, county Galway, at the time of the first Ordnance Survey in the 1830s.|
|Poor Law Union:||Ballinrobe|
|OS Sheet Number:||117|
|OSI Grid Reference:||M163 655|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]