In 1837 Lewis refers to C. Clarke "who has recently erected a spacious and elegant mansion on his estate". In 1850 this mansion was valued at £44.12 shillings and it was held in fee by Charles Clarke. Slater noted it as the seat of James Neville Clarke in 1894 and the Clarkes were still resident at Granguenoe Park in the early 20th century. The house was burnt in 1923. The site is now occupied by a stud farm.