Leased from the Disney estate by James Connolly at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £25. In 1837 Lewis notes Churchtown as " the pleasant residence of John Power". In 1777, Charles Smith refers to it as the seat of Eccles Disney. The house is still extant. It was partially renovated in the early 21st century and in 2010 was offered for sale.