At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Phillip Chearnley was leasing this property from Matthew Whelan when it was valued at £28. There is still an extant house at this site. Another property in this townland is referred to in ITA Survey of the 1940s as Kilbree Castle. This building, described as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance Sirvey map of the 1890s, had been reconstructed and was occupied at the time of the survey by Gerald Stuart. In 1786 Wilson mentions that Kilbree had "formerly belonged to the Knights Templars". Buildings are still extant at the site.