Glenfarne Hall, overlooking Lough MacNean, was built around 1820 for Charles Henry Tottenham. In 1906 it was owned by Col. J.G. Adamson and was valued at £50. It was subsequently a holiday home of Edward Harland of Harland & Wolf shipyards in Belfast. The 1943 Irish Tourist Association survey recorded that only the gutted ruins of the house remained.The area has been extensively afforested since then and is now part of a forest park owned by Coillte.