The Mandevilles were situated at Ballydine from the 14th century. Ballydine Castle was sold to the Earl of Clonmell in 1781 and members of the Power family lived there in the first half of the 19th century, William Power in 1814 and James Power in the early 1850s. The Powers and the Mandevilles were related. A lithograph of the house is included in the Power sale rental of 4 November 1853. ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' records Frank Hackett Mandeville (1841-1905) as the last family member to live at Ballydine. He was Member of Parliament for mid Tipperary 1892-1900 and died at Ballydine Castle in 1905. Mary Lyons records the Landy family as resident from 1855-1901.