Marked on the first Ordnance Survey map as Ballina House, this residence of the Reverend Nicholas Manderville was valued at £46+ and held by him in fee in the early 1850s. Bence Jones writes that Anner Castle was built in the 1860s "incorporating the old square castle of the Manderville family which had up till then been known as Ballinahy". It was destroyed by fire in 1926 and only the front portion was rebuilt. The Mandervilles were still resident in the 20th century. This property was sold in 2013.