Rochestown came into the possession of the Barton family through the marriage in 1798 of Dunbar Barton and Elizabeth Riall. In 1837 Lewis describes Rochestown as the seat [of their son] S. Barton. Samuel Barton was resident in the early 1850s holding the house valued at £37 from a member of the Beamish family. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage records the remodelling of the house in 1867 by the Wise family, the design by Sir Thomas Newman Deane. The house was valued at £55 in 1906 and occupied by Francis H. Wise. Damaged by fire in 1918 and completely destroyed by fire in February 1923.