Originally this property belonged to the Dennis family. Following the marriage of Elizabeth Dennis to Cooper Penrose, a Quaker, of Waterford, it passed into the possession of the Penrose family, who enlarged the house. Another Cooper Penrose was the occupant in 1814 and in the mid 19th century holding the property from James Murphy. The buildings were valued at £100. The house was demolished circa 1980s.