The Purcells originally lived in a thatched house located a short distance from the present building and this house was associated with a Whiteboy attack. John Purcell was knighted for his defense of his property. The later house was built by his son, Dr. Richard Purcell, circa 1837 and Dr Richard's wife, Mrs Eliza Purcell, was resident in the early 1850s when the house was valued at £21+ and held from Pierce Purcell. Mrs Eliza Purcell was the second daughter of Pierce Purcell of Altimira. Occupied by Daniel Stephen Wigmore in the early 20th century. The Irish Tourist Association Survey of the 1940s noted that it was then the residence of the O'Sullivan family. It is no longer extant.