The Gore Booth family built the first Lissadell House between 1750-1760, in front of the current house. The current house was built in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century and continued to be the home of the Gore Booth family until the 1990s. In 1906 the house and buildings were valued at £347. The house has been open to the public for many years. It is now owned by E. Walsh and C. Cassidy and is being restored. See www.lissadellhouse.com.